Water Education Materials
Teachers' Guides, Books, Posters, Maps & Classroom Supplies
The following materials are provided to teachers in CVWD's service area only. Only requests from teachers in zip codes 91701, 91729, 91730, 91737, 91739, and some portions of 92336 will be accepted. School districts in our service area include: the Alta Loma, Etiwanda, Cucamonga, and Central school districts. High schools include Alta Loma, Etiwanda, Los Osos and Rancho Cucamonga.
Classroom supplies are limited to 35 per teacher. Order online today or contact the Communications & Outreach division at 909-987-2591.
- Pencils and pens
- Water awareness folders
- Pencil pouches
- California water map (one per classroom) *Currently out of stock
- Water cycle poster (one per classroom)
Teaching Aid (Available on Loan Only)
The Hamburger Model for kindergarten through fourth grade: Do your students ever wonder how much water goes into the production of our food supply? This over-grown pillow shaped hamburger is made of soft material and shows students exactly how much water is used for each part of a hamburger. The hamburger may be borrowed for a five day period.
Music CD's (Available on Loan Only): Songs about Water Conservation & The Environment
- Singin' Green
- The Amazing Journey of Water
- "Snail Girl Brings Water- A Navajo Story" retold by Geri Keams, a story about the mystery of how water came to the earth.
- "The Magic School Bus at the Waterworks" by Joanna Cole. New York: Scholastic Inc. Earth Works Group. Kid Heros of the Environment. Berkeley: Earth Works Press.
- "A Worm's Eye View" by Caren Trafford
- "Water... The Amazing Journey" by Caren Trafford
- "World-Wide Waste" by Caren Trafford